Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Using Our Noodles

My best days are a mixture of meetings and desk time, and by that measure today was a fine day.
Three meetings--all of them productive and positive, at least generally so. And Robb Faust and I went out for lunch. (I like going out for lunch; it really does help me be more productive in the afternoon. But I don't like taking the time or spending the money every day.)
Meanwhile, I prepared copy for our weekly e-newsletter and wrote a draft of my column that must be posted tomorrow. I got a big boost on that task from Ben Cachiaras's blog post that he copied and e-mailed to me Monday. I'm going to quote a big batch of it. Thanks, Ben!
We're making some progress, and I'm feeling good about that.
Tomorrow I have one meeting, and a phone conference with Paul Williams. Those will be nice breaks in the long list of editorial tasks, article assigning, and correspondence I need to do as well.
Tonight we had leftover chicken and noodle soup for supper. Evelyn made it fresh to greet me Sunday night when I got home from Orlando. Jennifer had shared the recipe with her, and we agree: it's yummy!
"You're going to take a picture of leftovers?" Evelyn said as I snapped this one just before we sat down to eat.
"Yep."
Enjoy your giggle, Bob Wallace.
If some reader would like to try our discovery, here's the link to the soup recipe:
http://www.creativelydomestic.com/2010/10/guest-post-crockpot-chicken-and-noodle.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment