Thursday, September 19, 2013

Four Issues

It dawned on me this evening that I've been working on three issues of Christian Standard all at the same time, with a fourth one in process.
I'm reading (i.e., editing) the December issue. The theme is incarnation, and we have three really good theological articles, one each from Matt Proctor, Miriam Perkins, and Jon Weatherly. They're so good, I wish I could share 'em now! The cover for this issue is coming from Plain Joe Studios, and we expect to see it soon. We'll meet with Scott Ryan a week from tomorrow to agree on illustrations/graphics for the rest of the issue.  It goes to the printer the first week in November.
Meanwhile, I've been assigning material for the February issue. The theme is "How to Teach the Bible in a Biblically Illiterate Age." The deadline is November 1, and I still have a couple of pieces to assign and a couple of assigned pieces to verify. It goes to the printer the first week in January.
At the same time, Jim Nieman is completing the layout for the November issue. I'll read proof on it next week, write the editorial for that issue, and we'll show it to Scott Ryan for suggestions/tweaks on the layout. It goes to the printer the first week in October, just about the time the January issue's pieces are due. That's the fourth issue, although we're not really doing much with it this week.
It all sounds a bit confusing, I guess, and I must admit when Jim asks me a question about one issue just as I've answered an email about another, it's easy for me to get them mixed up.
Evelyn asked, "Do you really think anyone cares that we had
Peanut Butter 'n Chip ice cream  tonight?"
"No," I answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment