Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Another Meal

Had lunch with Trevor DeVage yesterday. (Mimi's serves a good soup and sandwich for lunch!) It was great catching him up on some details in my life and hearing him talk about progress and his vision for our church.
He mentioned my Sunday blog post, and as we talked I thought of another point to add to my rant.
The subject was "being fed vs. feeding yourself." And as we ate our tasty viddles, it dawned on me: "Some of the best meals I've eaten were when I was feeding someone else!" Lunch with customers or writers, a Saturday-night dinner with friends at our house, a holiday meal for our family. I always eat better when I'm feeding someone else. I invited Trevor to Mimi's, but I'd never grab lunch there by myself.
And I seldom learn the Bible better than when I'm preparing to teach a Bible lesson, lead a small group,  or prepare a sermon.
So here's another response to "I'm not being fed." Not only, "Pick up a fork and eat," but also, "Go prepare a meal for someone else."

No comments:

Post a Comment