Monday, February 6, 2012

Doctor Day

I am not the proud owner of a new crown--on my tooth! I 'm guessing a tiara might not cost much more than this acrylic addition, but I'm glad to have the experience behind me.


This was my view from the dentist's chair this morning.

Then at noon I went to the rheumatologist. You know what a rheumatologist does; a rheumatologist takes blood. Sometime I may try taking a picture of my blood going up a tube into the test tube, but I chickened out today. Maybe it was because I hadn't eaten lunch yet. I never watch the blood flowing out of my body. 

This doctor diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis about a year and a half ago, and the two medicines I'm taking have eliminated virtually all my symptoms. 

Being sick isn't fun, and going to the doctor takes time we don't want to give up, but aren't we glad to be living in an age where so much help is available to us! If the apostles or Christopher Columbus or Benjamin Franklin had a cracked tooth or swollen joints, they would have just had to suffer. I'm glad I don't!



No comments:

Post a Comment