Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Friendly Welcome

Once a month  Evelyn and I stand at the Welcome Center at our church. Joan Maxwell recruits the Welcome Center volunteers and is always there before any of the rest of us on a Sunday morning to make sure things go well.
She is such an encourager of everyone around her—she spends her Sunday mornings hugging, chatting, smiling, laughing. It would be fun to take a count of everyone she greets on a typical Sunday.
We had a lull in the action this morning, and I couldn't resist snapping her and Evelyn and their pretty smiles.
Every so often I play piano during Communion in either our Blended or Classic services. Today was my day to play in the Blended service, and I decided to snap a picture of the worship team leading the Communion song as I waited "backstage" before walking out to the piano on the platform to play meditation music while the emblems were served.

1 comment:

  1. I was one who got to enjoy your wife's lovely smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete