Monday, June 4, 2012

Let Us Anticipate

"I'm guessing we'll be reading more and more about the wedding as the day gets closer." Fred Gossman said that at church Sunday (Fred reads my blog. I'm always surprised when somebody tells me they're reading my blog! Hi, Fred. . . . )

This week, especially there is wedding-related news, because Matt and Jen are moving all her earthly goods to his house in Levittown, PA this week. He's flying to Nashville tomorrow, and they're loading the truck. Then Wednesday they'll drive to Cincinnati, unload one piece of furniture she's giving to Donovan and Jocelyn Weber, and then end up at our place. Jennifer is having her final fitting for the wedding dress, and sometime before bed, we'll off load a few pieces of furniture she's leaving here--time will tell if for awhile or for good. We'll eat dinner and relax with them in the evening, and then they'll head for PA Thursday morning. I think their plan is to unload the truck there Friday.
We got word this morning that our block of rooms at the Hampton Inn in Covington was sold out, so I called Carol who added five more rooms for Friday and Saturday.

Katie Cartwright texted me today: "We've got our room, so we're ready to party!" But I didn't have her number in my phone and didn't know who on earth was asking me to party. I texted back, "I think you have a wrong number."
"It's KT," she wrote back and added a smiley face. "Put my number in your phone!"

I have done so, and I am joining her in anticipation for our big day, just 26 days away!

This is my lettuce patch, growing in an over-the-bannister planter on the deck. 

I wonder if we'll still be eating lettuce from here by the time of the wedding.

Actually, I'm doubting it!


1 comment:

  1. Dad, I forgot to tell you---you're in charge of salad for the reception. ;)

    ReplyDelete