Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pretty Flowers, a Lovely Evening


Two reasons for posting this picture: These are the flowers I sent Evelyn for our anniversary yesterday, and I wanted this picture to help me remember them. And this was the table setting for our dinner tonight with Dan and Cindi Cooper. Evelyn wanted to invite them, not only just because they're friends, but also because she knew they would enjoy visiting with Wendy. Evelyn made salmon with the wonderful topping whose recipe we got from Judy McCann. I grilled asparagus and new potatoes outside and made a salad with lettuce from our lettuce patch on the deck, with strawberries, blueberries, goat cheese, and candied pecans, with a raspberry vinaigrette (store bought). I bought a loaf of organic pretzel bread from a stall at the West Chester Farmer's Market this morning, and Cindi brought a yummy pistachio pudding dessert.
We DID learn some more about Wendy's ministry in Tanzania as she answered all the questions Cindi and Dan had for her. It cooled down outside as the evening wore on, so we ate dessert and visited on the deck.
I busied myself with all kinds of things that needed to be done today, but I didn't get outside to tackle the yard tidying I intended. I'm debating between Christian Standard work and yard work for tomorrow afternoon. I think the yard work is going to win.
Jen e-mailed to say she would be finishing up in Nashville and driving this direction tomorrow afternoon, arriving after supper. Our big week is about to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment