Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Stayin' Alive

"Hey, Mark, you ought to consider being a writer," Greg said to me across the platform during worship team practice tonight.  I wasn't sure what he was getting at, and then he said he enjoys reading my blog.
"So I put your picture in my blog, and you decided to read it?"
"Yeah," he smiled. "And I've been reading it ever since."
Frankly, I'm always surprised when someone new tells me they're reading this. My little diary entries about each day's activities seem pretty mundane to me. But, hey, Greg, thanks for the compliment of checking in here from time to time.

Before worship team rehearsal, I left work and went to Wendy's for chicken nuggets  and a root beer frosty float, one of my favorite treats. Then I went to Hobby Lobby and bought two bags of Spanish moss for our wedding reception centerpieces. I'm keeping coleus, impatiens, vinca, hosta, zinnia, rye fern and variegated ivy alive till we assemble the centerpieces two weeks from tomorrow. In fact, I'm fertilizing them to beat the band so the vines will be green and the flowers will be blooming  when we need them soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment