Monday, February 20, 2012

Commercial Success?

For some time I've thought it would be fun to do voice-over work—for commercials or educational projects or talking books, that sort of thing. I've done some of that off and on through the years here at Standard, and maybe this would be a fun pursuit come retirement.
So when I saw a class offered at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park that included instruction in doing voice-overs, and when I saw that my schedule for the 7 Monday nights was open this winter, I decided, "Why not?"
Well, the main thrust of the class is acting in TV commercials, although the instructor said we'd spend the whole session tonight on voice-over work.
He gave us a script to memorize and have ready to record last week. And then he said to develop a different premise for the same script and have it ready this week. I decided to try to record myself as a practice run this morning. (I FINALLY figured out how to use the iMovie program on our computer.)
So, would you buy a calculator from this salesman? Probably not. But you can't say I'm not willing to put myself out there and give this a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment