Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's Winter, but Spring Is Coming!


"Well, Cincinnati is beautiful in the spring and the autumn, but we have so many gray days in the winter." I made the remark during a visit with an old friend, Jack Reese, who teaches at Abilene Christian University and was in town doing some research for his sabbatical project. He had called and we ate breakfast together at First Watch in Kenwood. It was blowing and cold as I arrived at the restaurant at 7:30 and left at 9:00. Still windy and chilly when I arrived home this evening after my haircut after work. But at least the sun was shining. So I decided to snap this picture of the daffodils poking through the mulch under a pear tree in my backyard. I was on the phone today with a friend in Johnson City, Tennessee, who said the daffodils are blooming in her yard. Not so in mine, which is fine with me, since it's supposed to get down to 26 degrees tonight with a high tomorrow well below 40. As I remarked to Peggy, my haircutter, this evening, "Well, I'm getting a lot of good out of my sweaters!" Yep, I've set out a wool sweater and corduroys to wear tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment