Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Simple Saturday

Paid bills. Skyped with Wendy (she's doing well!). Spent some time reviewing memory on my lines for a little musical review some people are doing Tuesday night for Evergreen. I'm the narrator of sorts. This is the same program for which I narrated with the Ambassadors choir last year.
Sorted through all my receipts, W-9's, and other papers I need for my taxes and got that information all tabulated and ready to take to the guy who does my taxes. Helped Evelyn put away the winter decorations in the living room and put out some spring things.
Took a walk with Evelyn to the park. It was chilly, but not cold and the walk in the bright, warm sun was wonderful. Decided to tackle an outdoors project while it was so pretty.
A rose bush behind the house needed to be pruned. Every time we've had a windy night this winter, it has been rubbing against the bedroom window, which has been a problem to Evelyn when I've been out of town.


So I whacked away on it and ended up cutting off more than was left when I was through.
I decided to take a picture of the bush so I can show some more when it starts branching out and blooming this spring and summer.
After our showers, Evelyn and I decided to use a gift card to Cracker Barrel for supper, and I had their Saturday special, chicken and rice. It was really good!
Went to the grocery store after that, and then Evelyn and I watched an old "Elementary" we hadn't seen. A simple Saturday. A good day. I was glad for the projects (the taxes and the rose bush) I got done.

No comments:

Post a Comment