Thursday, January 2, 2014

Snow Business

The story today is the snow. They said 2 to 4 inches, starting at 5 or 7 a.m. By the time I left at 7:15 the yard was covered, and Van Gordon was anything but clear. It was wet and heavy, and the trees were beautiful, more beautiful than my pictures show. The snow continued through the day. Evelyn called me after lunch and said she had measured 5-1/2 inches and it was still snowing. She hired a young man in the neighborhood to plow the driveway and shovel the walks, but by the time I got home, the wind had blown a drift to cover half the driveway. I tried to plow through, but after two attempts, gave up and parked the car sow I could shovel. Evelyn came and helped, and we cleared the driveway in about 5 minutes.
They're predicting temperatures in the single digits overnight, with worries about roads refreezing. Evelyn's assertion that we're moving south when I retire is sounding more sensible.
I snapped this picture and the one below through my car window about 8 a.m.


This was the view from our lunchroom, looking down at the courtyard
 between our building and the one next to us.

Here and below are scenes outside our building at lunchtime. 


No comments:

Post a Comment