Friday, January 24, 2014

People Like to See Suffering

Realization of the Day: People like to see suffering. Or at least vulnerability. Yesterday's blog post about my slip on the ice and trip to the emergency room has been seen so far 294 times. As in, almost THREE HUNDRED times. This is nothing for the celebrity bloggers, but for just me that may be a record. Maybe the way to really get my readership up would be to have a heart attack or amputation or something. But I'm not complaining. I'm just choosing to believe it's a sign of how much so many love me! :-)

Picture of the Day:
Tom Hanks in Captain Phillips. We never got to the theater to see it, but we were able to snag a copy from Redbox tonight. If you haven't seen it, we would highly recommend it. I continue to be amazed by the breadth of Tom Hanks's work.

And I have to admit, part of the reason we liked this movie is, we like to see suffering. :-)

Quote of the Day:
Everything's goin' to be all right.
(I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice the contrast between the two in the movie who said those words.)

No comments:

Post a Comment