Sunday, January 26, 2014

This is Our Story

Picture of the Day:
Our church is joining the large number of congregations across the country that have used Zondervan's The Story as the basis for worship and Bible study for a 32-week period. Today was the introductory sermon, and today I received my copy of the book, plus material to help me lead sessions for the men's "tribe" I meet with on Thursday mornings.
I'm looking forward to it. It will be good for me personally, providing a doable plan to add structure to my desire to connect with God. It will be good for our group, because it will lend insight into his Word and his will for all of us. It will be good for our church, just as it evidently has been good for so many others.
I'm eager to get started.


Quote of the Day:
"There are some things about Jesus that can't be negotiated. If you don't believe he rose again, your religion is not Christianity. . . . This is our story. God looked forward and he saw Abraham; Abraham looked forward and he saw Jesus; Jesus looked forward and he saw us!"
—Trevor DeVage in this morning's sermon, the first in this series.

Meals of the Day:
Lunch with Dave Lautzenheiser at First Watch. We treated, with a gift certificate Evelyn received for leading a D-group at CCU. Dave was batching it, because Mary went to Tennessee to see the grandson this weekend.
Dinner will be Evelyn's pasta bean soup. It's perfect weather for soup, and this is a wonderful recipe. I know the whole world will be watching the Grammy awards tonight, but we'll be in front of 60 Minutes and Downton Abbey.

No comments:

Post a Comment