Monday, January 6, 2014

Yeah, I'm Writing About the Weather

Laugh-Out-Loud Moment of the Day: Son Geoff's Facebook post: "Hey does anyone have any thoughts on the weather?" Because the weather is what EVERYONE is talking about.
As every news report has told us, we (and most of the Midwest) are experiencing the coldest temperatures in two decades, which means even old guys like me have trouble remembering what minus 5 degrees feels like. I'll say this, it's brutal (to use another word repeated on the news reports). Tonight is trash night, and my 3-1/2 minutes carrying two loads down to the curb left me shivering even though I was bundled up like Nanook of the North.

Picture of the Day: Yeah, I know, this isn't too creative. But, hey, it's MY diary, and I want to remember this:


Quote of the Day: "It's easy to get caught up in the foibles of a corporate culture and the systems that have been built over time, but they have nothing at all to do with the faith that built the system in the first place."
—Seth Godin, in Tribes


No comments:

Post a Comment