Thursday, January 30, 2014

Remembering Italy

Picture of the Day:
Oh my goodness, how can I pick just ONE? John Cornett who joined our summer cruise/tour to Italy, Greece, and Turkey (with his wife Sandra) is a wonderful photographer. And in our Christmas card he sent us a whole disc of pictures from our trip. And some of these are truly phenomenal shots.
I finally wrote him a thank-you last week and made him an offer.
I want to make a Shutterfly book of our trip, and I keep not getting to it. (It takes more sorting, planning, choosing than one might think to put one of those books together.) But I told him this is one time procrastination has paid off, because I certainly want to include some of his pictures in the book.
Then the offer: I told him if he'd send me more pictures of his wife and himself, I'd make a second edition of the book, swapping out some of our pictures of ourselves with pictures of the Cornetts.
He readily agreed, and the second disc arrived in the mail yesterday.
Below is just one of his pictures, a panorama view of canals in Venice.

Oh, heck, I'll post one more, this dramatic shot of the sun peeking over the top of the Colosseum in Rome.


I have my first head cold of the new year--I think it's the first cold of the season. My head is stuffed up. My face is flushed. My eyes hurt. My throat is dry. I decided it was a good evening to put my feet up beside the fire and start sorting these pictures in preparation for making the book. 
With these wonderful pictures, the biggest challenge will be what NOT to include!

No comments:

Post a Comment