Monday, March 12, 2012

He's Bigger than my Stuff

There are wonderfully productive days, and there are days that were a total waste. Today was somewhere in-between. I accomplished some stuff, and with each thing I accomplished, I remembered or uncovered more to accomplish. And sometimes I felt like it was more than I can get accomplished.

This is why it's good to quit work at the end of the day and come home. Among the distractions (a wonderful dinner that Evelyn fixed, a good talk with a friend who's providing excellent leadership at our church) was our walk to the park. It had rained all morning, and we had to dodge a few puddles, but the air was warm and the breeze wasn't cold. It seemed to be blowing the clouds away for a clear day tomorrow. And that sky reminds me that God is bigger than all my problems and to-do's.


















 There were reminders at work too. This guy (or gal?) greeted me in my quick walk around the building at lunchtime. And (call me a sucker for pretty flowers) the daffodils continue to pop open around our office complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment