Monday, March 5, 2012

Just a Taste of Winter


We awoke this morning to news of black ice, overturned semi-trailers, and closed highways. Yesterday had been decorated with snow flurries, but we weren't expecting this! Evidently the highway departments weren't, either, because the early morning rush hour wasn't rushing. Evelyn looked at the pictures from the Artemis cameras online, and the highways looked pretty clear. So she decided to rethink her first decision to go in late. She got there fine, after sliding at one intersection close to home. I left after her (I always do), and followed a salt truck all the way down Hamilton-Mason Road and had no issues.
They're predicting 57 degrees tomorrow. Spring IS on the way!

The birds were hunting for seeds under our feeder
before I went to work.

We had arranged for a man to pick up our
mower for servicing, so I left it in the driveway,
as promised. It's almost time to cut
that grass buried in this morning's snow!



For the record, here's what I paid
for gas this morning, with a 10-cents
discount using my Kroger's card!

No comments:

Post a Comment