Sunday, February 16, 2014

More than a Reunion

Picture of the Day:
We visited Reunion Church, a church plant of Plainfield Christian Church, where Brian Lowery is the
pastor. He had a wonderful sermon, thought-provoking, original, challenging.
We had driven to Plainfield yesterday to spend the night with Wendy Wagoner. She cooked us a wonderful dinner, and then Todd and Lynn Dillon stopped by later for dessert. Always lots of laughs with the Dillons, accompanied by serious talk about important subjects--this time it was worship.
After church this morning, Brian joined us for brunch. We went to Stone Creek, and I think the vegetarian omelette was the best I've ever tasted.
My first reason to be there was to visit with Brian about an idea I have for Christian Standard. I'd like his help to create a new feature in the magazine, but we'll see if he decides he could take it on. I really hope so! It was wonderful to get acquainted with him and learn of his heart for ministry as we met for about an hour after lunch.
Evelyn and I talked with Wendy for a couple of hours after my meeting, and we were off for home by about 5:00.

Quote of the Day:
What if the very first message you received each day was from God's Word, instead of from Facebook or Twitter or the radio?
—Brian Lowery, in this morning's sermon

No comments:

Post a Comment