Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What else? The snow!

Picture of the Day:
No, I didn't take this one. I found it at the WCPO-TV website. I chose it because it shows the shimmering layer of frozen rain on top of the snow that threatened to bury this fire hydrant. We didn't have that much snow overnight, but there was definitely a layer of frozen snow and ice atop the 4-6 inches we found on our driveway this morning.
Evelyn (bless her!) helped me shovel. With the ice, the snow was heavy enough and difficult enough to shovel that we concentrated on clearing only a path wide enough for the cars to travel. We didn't worry about getting edge to edge. We were done by 7:30, and I came in to take my shower.
I called work to discover we were on a "delay" (see the quote below), so I answered some e-mails and wrote my part of Christian Standard's weekly e-newsletter before braving the roads to head into work.
The worst part of the trip was the parking lot at work! They were still plowing it, and many of the parking spots were not cleared, because cars had started the rows of spaces before the plows got there. I had to park quite away from the building in a remaining spot that wasn't snow covered.
Management took pity on us and ordered LaRosa's pizzas for the whole office for lunch. That was nice!

Quote of the Day: "CFM corporate offices will be on a two-hour delay. The office will be open at 9 a.m."
—Message on the company's "weather closing" voice mail this morning. 
For those of us who usually get there at 8:00 or 8:15, it was a little difficult to interpret exactly what that announcement was saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment