Monday, February 24, 2014

Thinking Future

Quote of the Day:
The main part of Fallon's audience wasn't watching a one-hour show at 12:35 a.m., rather going online. Fallon created a lot of snackable media - and it is his digital audience that really matters. Those viral videos, tweets, Facebook likes, those are the real consumers that NBC is after. Leno, for all his fan loyalty and competitive TV audience metrics, didn't deliver digitally. 
—"The Real Reason Jimmy Fallon Took Over 'The Tonight Show,'" at Mashable

 Anyone thinking about how to engage in our digital future should follow the link to this whole piece. Some insights here for the church.

Picture of the Day:
This is just part of the panoply of medicine, home cures, and desperate strategies I've assembled to help
myself get over the worst cold I can remember having in a very long time. As I mentioned yesterday, it went into a wicked cough yesterday, and by the end of the work day today, I felt flushed and wrung out. I went to the grocery to get the stuff on Evelyn's list, warmed up some leftovers, and vegged out in front of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy before attempting to do anything productive.
I did plan our study of The Story for our Thursday-morning small group, but that's about all I got accomplished this evening.
I had planned to make progress on a major project with some extra hours yesterday and tonight (remember that picture book I mentioned a couple of weeks ago?). But this cold has taken away all my margin of energy, so alas, that good task has been shuffled farther into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment