Monday, July 23, 2012

On the Day Before Nine Days out of the Office

Some time ago I mentioned that old cliche about getting a week's worth of work done on the day before  vacation. Well, I'm not sure if that quite fits today because
a) the trip I'm taking isn't all vacation,
b) I didn't get a week's worth of work done, and
c) I still have an hour or two of it to do in the morning.
But, no problem. We're not leaving home before 2:30 tomorrow, and, even though I haven't packed yet, I'll still have a little time to be productive at the computer in the morning. 
Tomorrow this time (after 10:00 p.m.), if all proceeds according to schedule, we'll be in a jet reaching for its altitude after taking off from the airport in Charlotte, bound for Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. Evelyn and I are just hoping we can sleep overnight before getting off that plane about 10 hours later. If we have Wi-Fi in Brazil, I'll let you know!
I did get a fair amount done today: made two scheduled phone calls, wrote copy for two e-newsletters, checked through correspondence from writers meeting assignments for our October and November issues, submitted my expense report for July, touched base with Diane Jones-Dunham about items to be handled or checked or monitored while I'm gone, submitted the vacation form (for the second half of this trip), did the "out of office" messages for my voice mail and e-mail, and drove to Kenwood to pick up a travel wallet that hooks to my belt but can be hidden under my waistband. 
Tonight we had our "small group" at our house. Evelyn fixed a recipe she'd never cooked but that Jennifer had fixed for us: yummy lemony chicken skewers. And then we watched "The Closer" with Dan and Cindi Cooper.
Tomorrow we'll be up early, checking off items from a long to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment