Tuesday, July 24, 2012

On the Way to Rio

This will be a quick pot from the departure gate at CVG, first leg of our 24-hour trip to our final destination of Goiania, Brazil, site of the World Convention that begins tomorrow night. We depart for Charlotte, NC in about an hour and then have about 3 hours there before an overnight flight (10 hours!) to Rio de Janeiro. Then an all day wait till we board the final short flight through the country to Goiania. Boy, will I be glad to see the smiling face of Rafael Soares, our Brazilian guide, when we get to  Goiania! This week we'll spend there, taking in sessions of the World Convention, including its closing session Saturday night. Then the touring begins, first to Brasilia overnight, and then to Rio for the most beautiful part of the trip.
I took off work today, and I was glad! Of course the day started with maybe 2 hours of computer work, writing, etc., that I didn't get finished yesterday. Then tending to a raft of details, thinking through everything I wanted to pack (I've already thought of a couple things I intended to bring but didn't), meeting with the fellow who's watering our plants, making a phone call or two, and actually PACKING.
Evelyn and I got it all in two checked bags for the two of us and a carry-on plus my brief case and her big blue satchel full of I surely don't know what!
We've been experimenting with various potions to help guarantee that we actually sleep many of those 10 hours we'll be flying overnight.
Tomorrow . . . if possible I'll post about how that went!
We got here EARLY, so after a Starbucks and a shared muffin, Evelyn decided to walk the terminal (a revamped Terminal A at CVG) while I wrote this post. I snapped her after one circle, with one more to go. That smile PROVES how EXCITED she is about getting on three airplanes in the next 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment