Saturday, July 14, 2012

First Quiet Day in Quite Awhile

I was talking on the phone to a friend. It was close to noon already. "Evelyn's at Early Registration at CCU, and I'm still wearing my sleep shorts and T-shirt. I'm making it a goal to put my pants on before she gets home."
But that was one goal I didn't reach today!
Whenever I just relax--read Time magazine, talk on the phone to friends or family, linger over a second cup of coffee--I feel like surely I should be accomplishing something. But it dawned on me this morning that my life had been go-go-go for at least several weeks, and I decided just to hang out much of the day today.
Not that I accomplished nothing. Paid bills. Filed some receipts and other stuff. Talked on the phone with Susan Aulen who lost her father this week and I had to miss the funeral because I was at NACC. Caught up with Paul Williams. Called Verna Weber and talked with Bill Weber about getting together for dinner tonight. Went to the grocery store. Got some stuff ready for dinner.
But we didn't get to eat with the Webers at our house because Verna's mom, Mildred Holmes, had a bad spell at the hospital when they stopped by to see her on the way to our house. So they felt compelled to stay with her awhile and urged us to go ahead and eat.
So we did. But then, when Mildred was resting, we met them at the hospital and ran over to TGI Friday's so they could eat and we all could visit. (We ate too, of course, a wonderful strawberry shortcake Sunday.) Mildred will likely be in the hospital for a few more days, in our new West Chester Hospital, so we may still get to see Webers at our house before the week is out.
We had blessed rain overnight and a shower again this morning. That means grass cutting either tomorrow or Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment