Friday, July 6, 2012

How Old People Celebrate Their Anniversary

I'm not sure what Evelyn and I were doing 39 years ago today. Thirty-nine years ago on June 22 we were married; it was a Friday night that year too, and we went to the exotic destination of Gatlinburg for our honeymoon, via Cumberland Falls State Park and Knoxville. By July 6, I'm guessing we had jumped into what would become a challenging year of too many part-time occupations that added up to more than full-time busyness: I had three jobs; that fall Evelyn was going to school and teaching school; we led a Bible study and attended a Bible study every week. It was crazy. Our lives felt as frenetic as that jumping animation I've posted above for today's entry.
I chose the Spiderman graphic because we're going to go see the new Spiderman movie tonight, for a belated anniversary celebration. Evelyn heard a good review of the movie. I just read a negative review of it in Wall Street Journal. But, in an uncharacteristically organized move for me, we already purchased tickets on Fandango, so we're committed. I'm sure it will be diverting.
We went to Ferrari's Little Italy a couple weeks ago, and Evelyn loved it so much she said she wanted to go there again when we celebrated our anniversary. So we're headed there at 6:30, which ought to give us plenty of time to eat and make the 8:20 movie at Newport on the Levee. It's a long movie, though, so I'm stealing a few minutes at work today for this post, because I expect to be too tired to write something coherent by the time we get home this evening. I'll post OUR review tomorrow.
By the way, speaking of movie reviews, I mentioned a couple of days ago that we watched The Vow on DVD. We enjoyed it, but I'm glad I didn't spend $20 to watch it. I hope I don't regret the ticket price to see Spiderman.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment