Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday at Home (Mostly)

This morning we enjoyed a four-piano, eight-hands piano prelude--before the blended service, and (oddly enough, to some of us) before the second contemporary service as well. Actually, we had heard their playing several weeks ago when they played the quartet the first time as the prelude to the traditional worship service. I shot a video of the music, but I can't get the darn thing to upload to this blog. Maybe I'll succeed later.
Had a quiet Sunday at home. Quick lunch at Panera. Main activity was buying ink for the printer, installing ink in the printer, creating a mailing list of potential folks to accompany us on a Missionary Journeys of Paul cruise next summer, printing labels for said mailing (which will happen hopefully this week, if the tour company gets me my brochures). As I indicated via Twitter today, preparing the document and the labels took at least three times longer than it would have taken simply to address envelopes. But I keep thinking if I mail to this list twice, I will have redeemed the time.
Evelyn and I ate quesadillas and watched Dateline before taking a walk to the park and back, taking quick showers, and watching Masterpiece Mystery on PBS.
Tomorrow I begin a busy week at work before leaving for Brazil a week from Tuesday. I'm glad we have another weekend before that trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment