Friday, July 13, 2012

Heading home from NACC

I'm writing this in the Orlando airport while I wait for a flight that doesn't leave till after 5:00. As usual, I've thoroughly enjoyed the week at the NACC. For more reasons than I can report today, I have a feeling I'll always remember this convention. Reasons I can report: wonderful, truly refreshing worship; heart-to-heart talks about God's will and the future with the likes of Paul Williams, Roy Lawson, Marshall Hayden and more.

And fun: laughter, hugs, and catching up with Bob and Vicki Cherry, Cindi Willison, Dan Garrett, Brad Dupray, Tony Twist, Jeff Walling, Bart Stone, Glenn and Carolyn Kirby, Mike and Linda Sweeney, and probably that many more I've forgotten as I jot this down.

I ended up on the Mears Transport bus with Shan Caldwell and Seth Bryant from Indian Creek Christian Church outside Indianapolis. They wanted to eat lunch before going through the security line, and they invited me to join them. (Seth even bought my lunch! An unnecessary but very kind gesture.)

I persuaded them to pose before we ate.
We had Chinese from Panda Express, and the fortune in my cookie said, "A new challenge is near." Oh, Baby, I'm pretty sure THAT is going to happen! Stay tuned.

I need power and strength unlike that possessed and demonstrated by Spider Man, but I couldn't resist my own pose with him, nevertheless.

Find my summary of the closing sermon of the convention at the Christian Standard website.

No comments:

Post a Comment