Thursday, July 5, 2012

Perfect Except for a Pear Tree

This is the pear tree at the corner of our house. Maybe I mentioned that in the storm Friday night, about one-third of it broke off in the wind.
I'm recording this for the sake of my memory, because by next week this time, the tree, all its branches, and its trunk will be gone. Well, it may take a bit longer than that for them to get the stump out of the ground, but the man  who came to look at the situation this evening said he'd take it all after the trunk has time to rot a little.
I'm not happy to have to spend the money to take it down and out, but Evelyn and I have said to each other and to others, more than once, we are SO GLAD we did not lose power last Friday. So many in Mason did. I'm not sure how we would have gotten a house full of people coiffed and made up in the dark Saturday morning, without power for blow dryers and other appliances (coffee pot!). This will just be a memory to mark the occasion, another reminder that no occasion on this side of eternity can be completely perfect, as well as an occasion to thank God once more for his goodness to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment