Monday, August 20, 2012

Sunset on the First Day of the First Semester

Usually when we walk this path through the park in the evening, the sun is in our eyes. But the remarkable clouds scattered as far as we could see not only were beautiful, but they also hid the sun so we didn't need to squint on the first half of our walk through the park.
I've sort of been out of the walking habit, mainly because Evelyn walks first thing in the morning during the summer when she's not working. (And I don't have enough self-discipline to go walking on my own. Plus, it was so unbearably hot so many evenings this summer.) But now that Evelyn's back in her school year schedule, I'll be walking with her more.
Today was her first day of classes in the new semester. "Will you go back tomorrow?" I asked her when I got home for dinner.
She agreed that she would.
I did a little watering outside after our walk before taking out the trash. I came in and cleaned our bathroom before hopping in the shower. Then we did getting-ready-for-tomorrow duties (mainly lunch packing) before retreating to the family room to watch what we think will become our new Monday-night habit, "Major Crimes," the spin-off from "The Closer."
Highlight of today at work was the art meeting with creative director Mark Haas. Looked at the September issue critically and planned the cover and opening spread of the main section in October. It's nice to have so much time to spend on one issue.
Evelyn walked ahead of me on the path through
our park as I snapped a picture of the beautiful
clouds just before sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment