Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tonight's Groupon Deal

The news is full of Groupon's problems. I don't know all the details, but their stock is tanking on a sag in profits. I really hope they don't go out of business, because I enjoy buying a Groupon now and then and getting a deal on dinner.
That's what we had tonight. Evelyn and I ate at a happenin' place on Mason-Montgomery Road tonight, Fox and Hound Pub and Grille. Actually, it has more of a "pub" than a "grille" feel--lots of TVs with sports channels playing and, according to our buxom waitress, $2 drafts. There was a big happy-hour, after-work crowd there taking advantage of the drink specials. We had decent salads, but I'm not sure the place has taken a spot on our top-ten restaurants list. (We did get a $24 meal for only $14, though!)
This morning I made assignments for future issues. This afternoon I began editing on our October issue. We're having our first art meeting for that issue tomorrow.
Robb Faust and I caught up today at lunchtime; we hadn't really visited for several weeks. He and I went to Abuelo's, which is on Evelyn's and my top-ten restaurant list, and I really think I had a better lunch than dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment