Sunday, August 19, 2012

Our Sunday

Another beautiful day. Evelyn and I got up and walked about 7:15 before we got ready for church. It was almost chilly, but we were warm by the time we had finished. After church we ran an errand at Target and then ate lunch at McAllister's. I went to Kroger's after coming home and changing clothes. We discovered yesterday that a fraudulent company had sent me a "bill" for my Wall Street Journal subscription, and I paid it and the check has been cashed. We decided to close out the old checking account and open a new one, and I stopped by the Fifth-Third branch at Kroger's to drop off the signature card I had picked up yesterday and brought home to Evelyn. Now we have the hassle of changing the few automatic withdrawls and deposits we have each month.
After bringing home groceries, I spent much of the afternoon looking for art (stock photo) possibilities for the October Christian Standard. We'll have our second art meeting with Standard's creative services director tomorrow, and today's work helped me prepare for that meeting.
I gave up and took a nap in the middle of my photo searching and later went outside to enjoy the warm afternoon while I watered plants for a short while.
Evelyn got a call from our sister-in-law, Susan Aulen, late in the afternoon, and she talked with her and her brother for almost an hour. Before that she had spent an hour or two ironing after baking bread. Evelyn has her special recipe for bread, which she slices and toasts two slices every morning for breakfast.
We made our version of a margherita pizza with fresh tomatoes from our neighbor's garden and green onions (Evelyn's favorite) for supper. We had recorded the opening ceremony of the Olympics that happened while we were in Brazil. So we've been watching it in pieces this week, and we saw a batch of it tonight while we ate our pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment