Monday, August 13, 2012

Bloomin' Memories

Nobody but I may care about this, but for myself I decided to compare pictures of our wedding center pieces with some of the flowers as they're growing in pots in our yard now.
This pretty pink zinnia, and the cream  one in the background of this picture are growing in front of the house in a pot with one of those asparagus ferns. I have a couple of these beautiful coleus plants in pots around the yard too, but I didn't get pictures of them snapped for this post.




The salmon vinca (and another asparagus fern) in this pot on our patio were photographed with a coral colored rex begonia, which, unfortunately, didn't survive when I tried to transplant it this summer. But the one vinca is a bright addition to our deck.
This picture doesn't do this beautiful pink begonia justice. It's in a hanging basket on a shepherd's crook between the pine trees straight out our back door, at the back of the yard beyond the deck. It is one of the most beautiful "survivors" of our wedding, in a pot with a couple of variegated ivy plants, which were a part of our wedding center pieces too.

No comments:

Post a Comment