Tuesday, August 7, 2012

One Day in August

 Spent today putting the finishing touches on our first monthly issue, September. Actually, I'm pretty pleased with the way it's turning out. Finished reading the proof, and Jim Nieman made little changes we agreed on together. We met with our art director, Mark Haas, to evaluate every layout, every color, every type choice, and his suggestions for little improvements will really make a big difference. I wrote the "coming next month" copy and a draft for the editorial. I need to finish it first thing in the morning, because we send it to the printer tomorrow!
We do our weekly e-newsletter tomorrow, and I need to clean up my desk, catch up on some correspondence and phone calls, and get out assignments for our December issue.
Spoke with Geoff for awhile tonight; he and Lisa go on a weeklong vacation to Iceland Friday! Jennifer texted her mom and said she'd call tomorrow night.
Took these pictures of huge flower pots outside our 
office building during my 10-minute walk at lunchtime today.

No comments:

Post a Comment