Monday, August 6, 2012

Back to Reality--Almost

After nine working days out of the office, I jumped back in today. The full 68 pages of proof for our first monthly edition, September, was waiting on my desk, and I must say I'm pleased with it. Managing editor Jim Nieman and I tweaked some of the layouts and a little bit of copy; we're meeting with art director Mark Haas tomorrow to get his advice and input. I still need to read proof on 20+ pages, write the editorial, and decide on cover copy. All that will happen tomorrow, and Jim will upload the final issue Wednesday.
Reality was suspended for two hours this evening, though, as we watched last week's and this week's episodes of The Closer. We took Dan and Cindi Cooper to dinner to thank them for cutting the grass while we were out of town, and then we adjourned to their place for our weekly fix.
Boy, these were two dramatic episodes--full of surprises! Next week is the series finale. Will we plan to gather and watch it then? Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment