Thursday, December 6, 2012

Giving's Fun--Getting, Too!

Don't you just love getting Christmas presents in the mail? Especially when they're fragrant and green with red berries and a tartan bow and variegated holly? Isn't it great to have a fresh and beautiful reminder of friendship and partnership as well as the Christmas joy that underscores the gift with meaning more significant than the value of the gift itself?
That's the kind of gift that came to Evelyn and me today from a valued friend and colleague. It's beautiful, and it will be a centerpiece on one or the other of our tables throughout the Christmas season. And this picture will remind me of my friend's goodness and generosity for years to come.
Had a pleasant evening. Visited Dave Wick at Bethesda North where he had surgery today. He and his good wife seem pleased with the outcome, and he's hoping to be home tomorrow.
Then I went to the Healing Center at the Vineyard and worked with Evelyn's GED students so she could go to a ladies neighborhood party tonight. I really enjoyed the two gals I met there. I may have done them some good, I'm not sure; but I really had fun talking with them and hearing their stories. Here are two hard-working 50+-year-old ladies who are committed to getting their GEDs. I really hope they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment