Monday, December 3, 2012

I Wish it Could Look a Lot More Like Christmas

It happens every year about now. My to-do list is overflowing with important to-dos, and none of them has anything to do with decorating for Christmas, stringing lights outside, putting up the tree, or arranging greenery and candles on the mantel. Evelyn and I both have the bug to put away the gourds and scarecrows and pull out the snowmen and Christmas china. But, no time yet to get at it.
I did stop by Lowe's on the way home from church yesterday, though, to see what they were offering for illuminated outside decor. Frankly, I was a bit disappointed--nothing there struck my fancy. But I did snap their lighted Christmas tree display before I left.

Had a productive day at work today--some correspondence about our cruise/tour next summer, read the last half of a Lookout proof and the first half of the Christian Standard January proof. We had our last art meeting for the February issue, and I got out of the office right after 5:00 to run three errands on the way home. I thought, as I was getting home about 6:40, that I was having my Saturday afternoon on Monday evening. Went to the dry cleaner, the grocery, the pharmacy in the grocery, and the gas station. Discovered that it had been awhile since I had cashed in my Kroger's gas points. I had 700 of 'em, which gave me a discount of 70 cents a gallon on my gas. Here's the evidence. I got my gas tonight cheaper than anytime I can remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment