Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Packin' Up

Three households inhabited by people we love will have moved by the end of 2012. In each case, Evelyn and I helped them pack. In each case, what we did to help was almost nothing compared to the huge amount of work they had to do to finish the move. And in each case, we wish we could have helped them more, and we'd help them again in a heartbeat.
But nothing about these moves inspires any desire whatsoever in me to want to move. I'm glad that's not on our horizon anytime soon.
Tonight we went to Bill and Verna Weber's  house to help them pack for their move later this month. It's a huge, huge job ahead of them. I felt like the little we did wasn't much help. I hate to say I'm glad we're not the ones with the moving van in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment