Sunday, December 30, 2012

Last Sunday of 2012

Heard a good sermon for the end of the year this morning, the last from our interim preacher, John Russell. It challenged us to look forward to Heaven instead of thinking that the joy and security of this world is better than all we'll experience, and all we won't experience, there. A couple of unrelated quotes I jotted down:

"While we all live under the same sky, we don't all have the same horizon."
Konrad Adenhauer
"I talked to a person who said, 'I wouldn't go to that church; it's just too big.'
"'Well, you'll be miserable in Heaven,' I said. 'Because that's going to be a multitude you can't count.'"

Ate lunch at Mimi's (had a gift card), and then I dropped Evelyn off at DSW Shoe Outlet while I stopped by my office to photocopy a flyer to send to prospects for our tour/cruise next summer.  This afternoon I made a list of folks who have expressed interest but haven't committed. Had an email from one of those who decided just today to join us. I have the letters ready to mail tomorrow.
Went to the grocery and got stuff for tomorrow and the rest of the week.  Enjoyed grilled cheese and TV in the evening. Jen and Matt and the kids are due back in from their visits in Indiana before bedtime tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment