Monday, November 19, 2012

Between Trips

Thursday through Saturday Evelyn and I were at the International Conference on Missions in Indianapolis. I went up Thursday morning in time to present our new student subscription plan to the Christian college presidents meeting before the convention began. I'll need to do some serious follow-up with them, I believe, and that will start next week. Shawn McMullen and I set up and manned the 1-space-wide Standard Publishing booth, which received several comments for its modesty (small size and limited offerings). But I thought we made it look as nice as we could, and we DID get a lot of comments, talk with a lot of people, give away some door prizes, and distribute samplers for much of our curriculum, VBS, etc.

We put Lookouts and Christian Standards on all the main session seats before the Friday-night session. Four CCU students helped us, along with Todd and Lynn Dillon and Shawn's daughter, Kelsey. We treated all our workers to dinner as a thank-you. Evelyn posed with Kelsey after dinner before we returned to our respective booth duties and the main session.

Today I cleaned up details, handled correspondence, prepared copy for this week's e-newsletter, and wrote my column that will be posted at christianstandard.com Thursday. Tonight I paid bills. Tomorrow morning we'll be up and at 'em early, in time to pack and be on the road (hopefully) by 9 a.m. It's over the river and through the woods to the grandkids' house we'll go for a big Thanksgiving weekend back East.

No comments:

Post a Comment