Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Night in Liberty Township

For some reason I woke up with Evelyn this morning, so I got up and got to work just after 7:00. So I left just before 5:00 this afternoon so I could get home early to vote. Evelyn and I decided to walk to our polling place at the school not far from us. About a 15-minute walk. The thermometer said 50 degrees, but my big ears were c-c-c-o-l-d by the time we got to the school.
Campaign signs filled this strip of lawn
beside the driveway leading to
the polling place's door.
Friends this morning waited an hour to vote, but we got right in. We were home before 6:30, but I resisted the urge to turn on the TV while we ate supper. Didn't tune in to the election results till after 7:30, and I'm trying to get some computer work done with the kitchen TV on in the background. I'm writing this long before anybody's ready to call the election (9:05 p.m. now). Not sure I'll be staying up till the results are sure. Not sure the results will be sure tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment