Friday, November 9, 2012

Knowing as We Are Known

Left home about 8:30 this morning to run an errand or two on the way to the Dayton airport for a 10:58 flight to Chicago. Connected to a flight for Dallas and arrived here after 2:30 Central time.  I was concerned about connecting through Chicago, but both flights departed and arrived without a hitch, and I had plenty of time to grab lunch at O'Hare before the second one.
Finished reading Soul Feast and skimmed through The Critical Journey: Stages in the Life of Faith by Hagberg and Guelich. The first was "required," and the second was recommended. I want to read the second one, though, because I think I might enjoy it more.
I've enjoyed renewing friendships with others on the Stone-Campbell Dialogue Team who are here this weekend and making new acquaintance with "younger" local leaders who are joining us just for the retreat. We spent the opening session sharing our spiritual journeys with each other in small groups and then ended the retreat with repeated readings of Psalm 139:1-10, with a different listening assignment for each reading. Quiet, directed, repeated reading of a familiar passage of Scripture does have an impact that we often miss by reading through it quickly without meditation.
I'm looking forward to our time together tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment