Thursday, November 1, 2012

Relentless

Proof sheets for our December
issue were spread out for
final checks before we sent it
to the printer yesterday.
When I first started with Christian Standard, one day Ruth Davis brought me a proof, and I looked up, surprised, and she said, "Relentless, isn't it?"
I might have thought the move to monthly from weekly would have relieved that a bit, but not really. Yesterday we sent the December issue to the printer, and I've spent every free minute this week editing the January issue. I'm still not finished, and I'm not sure I'll finish in the half day I'm working tomorrow.   This is the fifth monthly issue we will have done, and I've been surprised each time at how much material we're publishing in each one and how much time it takes to complete each step of the publishing process.
For a nice break today, I took Robb Faust to lunch to celebrate his 40th birthday. It's today, and I didn't know it till he sent around a note inviting us to have snacks. We went to one of his (and my) favorite places--Abuelo's. Oh, those enchiladas are good, and the guacamole too!
We're scurrying around getting ready for a weekend of company, all associated with the alumni weekend at CCU starting tomorrow. It will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment