Thursday, May 17, 2012

Time Off Tomorrow!

They say you should work every day like it's the last day before a two-week vacation, because those pre-vacation days are some of the most productive of the year.

Well, we're not taking two weeks of vacation, just several days. And I've been in full production mode since Monday morning. It's nice to see the list of what's getting done. It's difficult to think of all the things I could get done here if I wasn't taking off tomorrow afternoon through next Wednesday.
But I've always said, "There's never time to take a vacation," so I proceed with plans for time off without guilt.

Occasionally I notice a blurb in the newspaper where a columnist's weekly or daily column usually appear. "Sally So-and-So is on vacation. Her column will return next week." And I think, "I wonder what would happen if we just didn't publish an edition of Christian Standard because we all went on vacation!"

But I'm not complaining. We're making progress toward our plan of introducing a new monthly version of Christian Standard in September, and I'm pleased with the way the content is shaping up. So that's very gratifying.

I bought these vining impatiens to give to Jim and Norma
Pierson. He's more of a gardener than I am, but
maybe this will be something new they'll enjoy. 
Tomorrow we head to Knoxville, TN to visit with Jim and Norma Pierson over the weekend. Sunday afternoon we're driving from their place over to Johnson City to visit with Dick Morris whose varied career has included more than one ministry stint as well as disc jockeying and quite a career as a part-time voice over artist. He told me a little about that last fall when I was at his church for a seniors rally. I asked him if he could tell me some more if we'd come visit him this spring. Sunday is the day.

Sunday night we'll stay with Piersons and then drive to Jennifer's Monday morning/afternoon with our car full of empty boxes to help her pack. We'll work Monday afternoon and evening and all day Tuesday and then drive home Wednesday morning/afternoon in time for Evelyn to volunteer at the Healing Center next Wednesday evening. It's supposed to be pretty weather here the next couple of days; I haven't checked the longterm forecasts for Tennessee, but I'm not worried about it. We're looking forward to happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment