Sunday, May 27, 2012

Church and Work

For some reason I woke up before 6:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up and wrote a blog post, which made me sleepy enough to take a little nap before Evelyn got up at 7:30. We ate a scone (she made a batch of them yesterday) and some strawberries and got ready for church. I played through the songs planned for the Classic Praise service, where I played piano this morning. We got ready and ended up getting to church later than we should have, because this was our Sunday to stand at the Welcome Center.
We made a couple of stops and ate lunch on the way home, didn't get home till almost 2:00.
I decided to do some Christian Standard work inside during the heat of the day, but not long into the first article I was editing, I decided I needed to make up for some of the sleep I lost last night.
I took a nap for about 45 minutes at 3:00. Then I got up and worked till almost 7:00, getting a whole issue plus one article edited.
Then I puttered around outside a little, but mainly spent over an hour cleaning off and organizing the shelves in the garage.
Evelyn and I watched TV and ate supper and dessert for the rest of the evening.

Before supper I snapped this picture of my deck garden. The pots are all planted and in place on the deck that was power washed and resealed and stained while we were traveling last weekend. I've posted a picture of the pots empty. I'll show them again in another month or so, and I'm hoping the garden will be in verdant bloom by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment