Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Welcome Party!

"This is good news, and you need good news."
So said a former Standard Publishing employee when I told him Kelly Carr was coming full time as editor of The Lookout.
I couldn't agree more. That it is good news, I mean. Kelly has been working as interim editor since last fall and doing a fine job. I wanted us to hire her as full-time editor from the get-go, but we needed to iron out her working arrangements in a way that both she and the company could feel good about.
Kelly will do an excellent job with The Lookout, and I couldn't be happier that she's with us.
We had a little "Welcome Kelly" party this morning, with plenty of bagels and a plant for Kelly's office. It's nice to have a party because someone good is coming (instead of leaving).
Kelly Carr (center) was welcomed by Lynn Pratt and Margie Redford at her party this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment