Friday, April 12, 2013

Communicating via Many Mediums

I spent more than two hours this afternoon learning how to use the WebEx Event Center interface we've bought for the web seminars we plan to offer to select Christian Standard subscribers this year. I THINK I can successfully schedule AND conduct a meeting. This after scheduling and failing to conduct two or three meetings and then spending a LONG time on the phone with a cordial young man from India who walked me through the process and showed me buttons, menus, and drop-downs that I hadn't discovered before. We even were able to see each other via webcam!
I'm going to try this again next week more than once, to make sure I can handle the interface when our real meeting happens Thursday morning.
Handled a bunch of correspondence this morning and also wrote a draft of the column that will be posted next Tuesday. It needs some more work, which it will get Sunday, I hope.
Evelyn and I ate at Abuelo's after work and then retreated home to handle around-the-house tasks
involving clean-up from last night's company and work that needs to get done before our outing with friends tomorrow about 2:30.
One thing I did this week was write letters that will go to the 344 churches listed in our May issue, whose copies arrived in the office this week. Megachurches, emerging megachurches, large churches, and medium churches are listed with their attendance figures; and 3 congregations from each category are profiled in this special issue. We're giving them each a sample copy, offering them more sample copies, and encouraging them to subscribe. We're sending our thanks and invitation to each of them via snail mail (with the sample copies) and via e-mail. Maybe we'll get some new regular readers! The extra copies to mail them came in three heavy cartons today.


No comments:

Post a Comment