Monday, April 8, 2013

The Details are Devils

Details . . . details . . . details! Handling details is not my strongest suit. But unless you're wealthy enough to have a personal assistant following you around and picking up the pieces, you must deal with most of life's--and your job's--details yourself.
If we were fully staffed at Standard Publishing, I wouldn't have had as many details to deal with today as I had. But, alas, our marketing manager is swamped with tasks—many of them including details threatening to drown him, too. So I'm trying to pick up a little of his slack with one project we're tackling together. The combination of little decisions, random loose ends, and nitty needs to deal with left me feeling very tired by the end of the day.
It was a good day to come home and take a perspiration-producing walk after supper, which is what Evelyn and I did.
But the good thing is . . . it's spring all around. Forsythia are blooming along every street, and daffodils were blowing in the wind today. Temps are supposed to be in the high 70s this week; in fact, maybe to 80. So much better than chilling winds that were biting at my neck and legs not very long ago!

The daffodils outside our office building were blowing in the breezes when I took a walk at lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment