Saturday, April 12, 2014

Warm and Wonderful

Picture of the Day:
I've been playing with a new app I learned about after seeing some photos with cool effects on David Ray's Facebook page. (It's called Waterlogue.) Our magnolia bush in the backyard has joined the whole neighborhood in beginning to bloom, and my quick shots of it gave me something experiment worthy.
It was a glorious day, in the high 70s, with a cooling breeze. The perfect day for the lawn mowing Number One this season. I mowed and edged and blew all the grass, and I was delighted that all three tools worked perfectly without a hitch. I picked up some potting soil, a parsley plant and a packet of lettuce seeds before lunch and planted two flower  pots for the deck bannister after I got the lawn mowed. 
Evelyn baked a coffee cake this afternoon, and we took a plateful down the street to welcome new neighbors, Nina and John Creech. They moved out here from their house in Clifton just a block off Ludlow, and we discovered they love the Indian restaurant we used to visit there. We don't go there so often now, because the same family has opened a restaurant in Mason. We decided to go together there this Friday night!
After supper, Evelyn and I watched 42, the Jackie Robinson story. I had heard good things about the movie, and I'm so glad we rented it. We really enjoyed it, especially Harrison Ford's portrayal of the Brooklyn Dodgers manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment