Thursday, April 24, 2014

Only at Q

Perhaps my title overstates it a bit. Perhaps I could or would see some of these people at other events besides the Q Conference. But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't see them this close-up or hear them say the things I heard them say here:

Susan Giglio, David Crowder, and Chris Tomlin, all from Sixsteps Records.  Chris Tomlin: "My goal is to give people a chance to connect to God and say what they want to say. Scripture always informs it for me. I'm not giving my opinions. I'm just giving people what God has already said about himself."


Neil Clark Warren, who founded e-Harmony when he was 65 years old, after serving as dean of the School of Psychology at Fuller: "After 35 years of counseling, I decided to do something about all the divorce I was seeing. So many of these people who divorced were in trouble the day they started. If a person gets married to the wrong person, there's nothing else that's quite so punishing."


Carrie Underwood: "I talk to my mom a lot. She's my 'straight and narrow' so I don't look back and say, 'Why did I do that? Why did I sing that?'"
Her husband, Mike Fisher: "Now I see hockey as a ministry platform. . . . I've been blessed with a unique ability,and hopefully I can be a leader."

Along with all the speakers and ideas to think about, I've really enjoyed my time with Dick Alex-ander. Also tonight and last night, he and I ate dinner with Dean and Penny Collins. Dean is president of Point Uni-versity, and I really enjoyed getting to know these special people better. We snapped a couple of pictures this evening in front of the giant Q logo outside the War Memorial Auditorium where all the main sessions were held.


No comments:

Post a Comment