Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fat Tuesday

Quote of the Day:
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true.
—James Branch Cabell, novelist, in The Silver Stallion. Quoted by  Simon J.  Dahlman in the upcoming May issue of Christian Standard in his monthly feature, "Seen and Heard."

Pictures of the Day:
I snapped pictures of some proof pages from the April issue of Christian Standard, which we send to
the printer tomorrow. These are some of the best articles in the issue. I'm looking forward to seeing reactions to it. (I'm even more looking forward to seeing reactions to several pieces in the March issue, which is just now in readers' hands.)
Meanwhile, we had our second meeting with our design consultant Scott Ryan to choose art and layout directions for the May issue (thus the quote above). Scott designed the cover on the April issue, pictured here. The photo is by Tom Patrick, taken at the North American Christian Convention in Louisville last summer.
May's issue will be themed, "I Love the Church!" with a lead article by Bob Russell and his picture on the cover.
I decided this year to try going vegetarian during Lent (except maybe when someone has us for dinner--I'm not going to inflict my choice on them; or maybe when we have someone here for dinner--not everyone LIKES bean burritos!). I had to stop on the way to work this morning to pick up a frozen entree for lunch, and since tomorrow is the beginning of my "fast," my little nod to Mardi Gras was to get an entree with turkey in it! Yeah, I know, Fat Tuesday means much more to many others.





No comments:

Post a Comment